Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Last Days..........

I can't believe it is almost here! 2 more days and I will officially start my new career, a stay at home mom!!! You can't imagine how excited I am for this new role, how i've longed to finally get this wonderful position and in just 2 days the wait will finally be over. :)

Coming back to work after maternity leave was one of the toughest things I had to do. Especially when my baby boy would only eat from his mommy. I know it was soo hard for Tahri during those tough days, not being able to comfort Tale or make him happy, but it was even harder on me knowing that my little man was at home crying for his mommy, his little tummy hurting so much because he was hungry. I hated coming home to a baby that was miserable and mad because he was hungry, it just broke my heart. I hated having to hand him off in the mornings so that I could get ready for work and when I left having him stare at me with those big blues eyes wondering how I could leave him. :( And now I get to spend all day playing with him and enjoying evey minute of him.

My time here at the University was wonderful though. The different capacities that I was able to serve in was truly a blessing. During my time with the online program, I had students that had to quit school because they had children to raise, and now are trying to finish their schooling. They would tell me all the time how lucky I was that I was done with school and that I didn't have to juggle being a mom and a wife while trying to take classes. And I agree, i'm sure it was a lot easier for me, but on the flip side I did get my education done, and I did start moving forward in my career, but then I had my son. And it was always my plan to be at home with my children until they started school, but where would that put me when I was ready to return to work? Would I have to start all over? Will I have to work my way back up again? I am jealous of some of these women who had their kids at a young age, and now that they are in school, they are finishing their education and getting started on their careers, where I'm taking a break from it. Will I be too old when I return? What will the job market be like for a woman who is older now and has been out of the workforce for so many years??? Oh the unknown. I guess you never know. I'm going to try not to worry about it right now and just enjoy my new role. Of course with technology the way it is now, perhaps I can get into some online teaching..............who knows.......certainly not me........ :)

3 comments:

Pili girl~ said...

Suga, it was great to see you the other day... even though I was a complete pansy. Eh, whateva. =) I think you're going to do great as a stay at home mommy! At least you're married, finished with your education and have a baby. Because, you could be a 28 year old, single female starting school technically for the first time! Oh wait! THAT'S ME!!!! ha ha ha

Please please let's get together while we're in Hawai'i. Much love, pili girl~

Paty said...

I think you are going to love being a stay-at-home mom! My family tells me that I should get a job so that I can put to use the schooling and money I invested, and to get distracted from the everyday, but I cannot think of anything more rewarding than to spend time with my daughters and watch them grow. Don't worry about how things will be in the future (employment-wise), I'm sure you'll have no trouble reintegrating in the job force once you are ready to go back...just enjoy the opportunity you have to spend time w/ your baby.

Julie said...

Kehau,
I love your blog! We're so happy that you guys are here in Ithaca. We're going to have so much fun over the next few years :)
Our blog is samandjulesy.blogspot.com

SEE YA SOON!!