Sunday, September 16, 2012

9/11

What a day to remember!  Another huge event on this memorable day is my baby girl was born.  What a surprise she was when we first learned she was joining our family.  Tylana was going to be our third child and  we figured she was going to be our last so we decided to hold off on finding out her gender until she was born.  We were fully prepared for a boy, Tahri was convinced that is what we were having and so I just kind of went with it.  It was a little hard to prepare for this baby because not knowing the gender is really hard to prepare.  We didn't have a name, we didn't have any clothes, didn't have anything really.  I think that is the downside to not finding out, you don't really prepare and I didn't really connect with her during pregnancy either.  It was kind of just like a big hassle having a big belly and being tired and trying to take care of a 2 and 1 year old.
Anyhoot, I don't think I did a birth story for her and I was trying to remember that day and figured I should write it down.  I was starting to feel really uncomfortable and we had just moved to California and I had a new doctor.  It took me forever to get my paperwork in order for insurance so I think I finally went in at like 32 weeks.  AHHH I know, but I felt like a pro at this seeing I just gave birth like 14 months prior.  But it was getting so hard to carry Leila and Tale, and with my mom not coming this time around timing was a big issue with me.  I didn't really want to be an inconvenience  to my brothers since they were the ones that were going to be watching my 2 kids while I went to the hospital.  So I looked into getting induced and my doctors acted like I was the worst kind of mom out there.  So I decided to wait it out and about a week later  the contractions came at like midnight on 9/11.  I should have know.  I wasn't quite ready to go into the hospital just yet but I couldn't sleep so I got up and "prepared".  I cleaned the kitchen, got my bag packed for me and baby, wrote out notes for my brother, what to feed the kids for each meal, notes on what to do for them if....Then about 2.5 hours later I decided that the contractions were coming quicker so I hopped in the shower and got ready.  Called my brother at 2:30 in the morning to come over and off to the hospital we went.  I wasn't sure if they were going to send me home or not because the contractions were not that bad and they were kind of random.  But when they checked me I was about 5.5 so they admitted me.  Once we got checked in all the questions began and the only thing on TV was about remembering 9/11.
Tahri and I started to try to think of names and of course since we thought it was going to be a boy, we only talked about boy names.  We ended up settling on Sailo, that was all Tahri.  I was progressing pretty quickly and before I knew it I was ready, it was about 9 in the morning, I still hadn't gotten a hold of my mom and my doctor was in a surgery so I had to keep holding on a little longer.  About 45 mins later my doctor comes in and everything is set in motion.  There was this huge light they they brought down for the ceiling and put it you know where, and my doctor had these big glasses on and I got a small glimpse and I quickly looked away, I was like ah I'm going to freak out if I see anything coming out.  ha!  And then like 2 or 3 pushes later out she comes, my doctor was like okay I'm not going to say what it is, so she called Tahri over and he goes oh its a girl.  hahahaha, She was so calm, they put her on my chest and she just kind of looked around.  I looked at Tahri and was like can you believe this?  She is just happy looking at me and looking around, unlike the other 2 they were screaming looking for my boob right away.  The other two I had my own room, but it looked like I was going to have to share a room, but they ended up putting me in a private room.  Thank goodness.
She had a little trouble sleeping and eating and was spitting up this like black stuff, so finally they took her and got it all out.  When she came back she was a happy camper, she slept like a champ and I had to wake her up a few times to feed her.  She was by far the easiest baby.  We were only there over night and checked out the next morning.  And off we went family of 5, 1 boy 2 girls and all 2 and under.  oh my what an adventure.  :)

2 comments:

Lindsey Hicks said...

Good for you for writing this down. I think it is cool that Tylana is not on a 9/11 baby but a 10th anniversary of 9/11 baby.

Tahri and Kehau said...

Oh i like that! Miss you guys.