Thursday, November 13, 2008

3 Year Anniversary

In August of 2005 Tahri asked me to marry him at home he was remodeling. I was remembering that day and how typical it was of me. Of course I was hungry and ready to go eat when I went to meet him there, and he was still working, so I was a bit irritated. You know me and food. :) He seemed nervous and really occupied with what he was doing. I was rushing him along of course and he was so nervous trying to gather his thoughts, poor guy. He asked me to pull something out of a dirty bucket full of water, and of course I didn't want to and I said No way i'm not sticking my hand in there. But of course I did and I pulled out a plastic bag that was filled with sand and on top of the sand was a box. I was so confused and so not in the mood, I wanted to go and eat. He came over to me on bended knee took the box, opened it and looked me in the eyes nervous as can be and asked me to marry him. Completely shocked I stared at the ring, and said yes. :) I forgot all about being hungry. :)
Here is a picture of the day we got engaged
3 months later my mom planned the most incredible wedding and I was sealed to the most amazing man in the San Diego Temple.


Tahri and I got to celebrate our 3 year anniversary on Tuesday Nov. 11th which is also Veterans day. I didn't realize we were married on that day, boy do we love our holidays! Well with Tahri having his birthday on Christmas, me on Valentines day, and our anniversary on Veterans day. :) Is there a holiday in January? I wonder if our baby will be born on one too. :)
We had a great night, we had dinner at Applebee's then when we got home Tahri gave me some gifts and then surprised me with my nursery. My mom got us our crib and dresser but we hadn't had the room to put it together, and Tahri spent all afternoon clearing out one of the bedrooms we were using for storage and set everything up. It was the best gift ever!

These past 3 years have just flown by. I'm so grateful to have this wonderful man in my life, and for all that he does for us. He is so patient with me and is just the best with Chanel I know he is going to be the best daddy ever! Happy Anniversary Love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, so sweet!

Paty said...

What a nice story! Congratulations you guys! I wanna see more wedding pics.

Pili girl~ said...

Happy Belated Anniversary girl! Maybe Tahri could give my future husband some tips! =) ha ha ha ha!