Friday, January 7, 2011

6 months

Leila turned 6 months about a week ago. ha! But I was waiting for her Dr.'s appointment so I could post her measurements so that is my excuse. :) So baby girl weighs in at 16 lbs 15 oz, 26.5 inches and her head 17 cm. She checked out good on everything!!! She got 3 shots, poor girl. She was sooo good as long as I was holding her. But everytime I set her down she would scream her high pitch scream. The nurses were so surprised at her scream and then she would just stop and smile as soon as I picked her up. Leila is starting to crawl, she isn't very good, she gets up on all fours then takes a couple of step? is that what you would call it, then falls down and does her army crawl cause it is faster and easier for her. But she will be crawling in no time.

She can sit by herself and is starting to sit up by herself too. Oh she is getting big so fast. I love listening to her talk, she loves to talk and laugh. She is definitely showing her personality a lot these days. She still thinks her brother is hilarious, but she is starting to stand her ground a little more with him now. Like when he tries to take a toy from her she will try to hold on and pull it towards her, then when he takes it away from her she "yells" at him. Or if he tries to climb on me when she is sitting on me or eating she tries to push him away. They are going to be good friends though I can tell. Tale is still the best big brother, just yesterday I was in the kitchen making lunch and Leila was in the living room on the floor, well she started crying and Tale ran over to her. He was patting her back and kissing the back of her head. Then he went to the toy chest and starting getting his favorite toys to give to her. When that didn't work he offered her his P and J sandwich. She was still crying so he patted her back again and said so sweetly, shhhhh. Then he ran over got his blanket to give to her and then got his juice, she finally started to calm down when he gave her his juice. And when she stopped he was so happy, he started clapping. It just melted my heart!

And here is a picture of my little man. He is such a big boy. He loves playing in the snow, playing with his trains, and he loves to draw and paint. Oh how I love my babies!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

ahhhhhhh she's getting so big and looking so grown up! We can't wait to see you guys!! Dinner on the 23rd right?? :) miss you!!

Brooke said...

6 months, un uh, no way. Leila is beautiful! O my goodness, I cannot get over her hair and eyes. Miss you guys:(