Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Steps and Drawers

Every morning Tahri gets up with Leila so that I can have a few more minutes of sleep. And almost every morning she crawls to the foot of the steps and starts making noises to call me. It is sooo cute. But she never really climbed up the stairs. Well a couple of days ago I went upstairs for a few minutes to do something and left the kids downstairs playing. Well Tale came upstairs and I could hear Leila like she was right there. I went to the stairs and saw her half way up them! I just about died! I couldn't believe she was climbing the stairs for one but unsupervised! Oh if she fell, I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself! But she had the biggest smile on her face and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take pictures and sit there while she went up the stairs. She did it several times and had a blast! Especially trying to keep up with her brother.
Everytime I tried to get a picture of her she would turn to smile. :) And after every step she would turn around to see if I was watching her and just give me the biggest smile. And so it begins, my time on the stairs again. I remember when Tale started climbing the stairs thats all we would do for hours it seemed, sit and climb the stairs!
Later that night while we were hanging out in the room I found her doing this! Opening the drawers and pulling everything out! And so this phase begins now, emptying out the drawers!
I'm not doing anything mom! :) Don't judge the drawers, this was round 2 of pulling everything out. ha!

3 comments:

jenny t said...

Oh my gosh, Camilla did the same thing last week! I thought she was in the kitchen playing with the recycling (as usual), but when I went to get her she wasn't there. I turned around and found her halfway up the stairs, and looking so proud of herself! It was part hysterically funny, and part hysterically frightening. :) She hasn't learned how to open drawers thankfully, but her favorite thing to do is pull stuff out of ANYTHING. Particularly a box of shredded paper. I can't believe how fast Leila does everything! She must keep you on your toes!

Tahri and Kehau said...

I know, she is growing so fast and just getting into everything!!! Oh my heart was beating so fast when I saw here there! I'm sure they both are keeping us on our toes!

Lindsey Hicks said...

I can't believe she is climbing stairs already. There will be no stopping her now. She has got to be the cutest stair-master I have ever seen.