Friday, July 1, 2011

A whole year!

Today my baby girl turned 1. I can hardly believe it! What a joy she is in our live and I feel sooo blessed to be her mom and witness her journey through life. I love seeing her grow and learn but at the same time I just want her to forever be my little girl.

We have celebrated quite a bit with her. Since Tahri wasn't going to be with us on her actual birthday we celebrated in California before we left with a pool party. Her first cake, she didn't really dive right into it like I thought she would.
The week of her birthday we started off by going to Seal Life park in Hawaii. She loved seeing all the fishes and wanted so bad to jump in the water with them.
They had this little play area that her and her brother loved running around in.
She LOVES birds right now, she wants to go outside to look for them first thing every morning. The next activity for her birthday week was going to the zoo. A flock of birds came right up to her and she just wanted to grab all of them.
We saw lots of birds and lots of other animals, but her favorite was the birds and this playground. She loved running around with all the other kids and following her brother around.
She loves sunglasses right now too, so her gigi bought her an outfit with matching glasses. This is her on her actual birthday. We started off by going to get her picture taken, then we went to a dinosaur exhibit at the mall where they had a train ride to see the exhibit, and then to Farrell's, this really cool ice-cream place where she got a sundae. Her second birthday treat. It was really cute when they sang to her she just smiled and clapped and tried to grab her ice-cream. And it was so cute to hear her brother sing too, he kept saying Happy You Leila Happy You. It was soo cute! I totally forgot my camera. ERRRRRRRRRRRR! But I took some with my mom's phone, but don't know how to transfer it. errr!
Then that night some of her cousins came over for another round of cake and ice-cream. She got a teddy bear and some really cute clothes, here she is walking around with her teddy bear. She couldn't stop kissing it and hugging it.
She dove right into this cake! Maybe she likes chocolate best. :)
And finally she couldn't handle anymore celebrating, she knocked out with her teddy after gigi cleaned her up of course. :)
Leila, you are such a beautiful, healthy, happy little girl and I can't believe you are mine! I wish I could explain what i'm feeling right now but I just don't have the words. My heart is just full of love and joy and I want to go and wake you up to give you kisses and see your beautiful smile. I really can't believe that it was a year ago that we welcomed you into our lives. It feels like you have been with us forever and have always been apart of our family. I hope you enjoyed your first year, and enjoy many more to come. I can't imagine my world without you. You are sooo precious to us, we love you so much. Happy 1st birthday my sweet girl!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Leila!!! Did you get my text? Her birthday package got sent back to us? :( maybe I have the wrong address? I was so bummed. Anyway, it looks like she had a great birthday! We miss you guys so much! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! When do we get to see you again?!
(did she get her ears pierced??)
Oh and I love Tale "happy you Leila! Happy you!" that is the cutest thing ever. Miss you tons and tons. xoxo

Lindsey Hicks said...

Happy Birthday Leila. I hope every year you get this many parties:)