Thursday, October 14, 2010

Kindness

Tahri has been in D.C. for a couple of days and we sure do miss him. With him gone I have to walk Chanel more often then I usually do and that has been such a pain for me. Today the weather was not very good, it was overcast and wet! I could tell Chanel was ready to go out (it had been a few hours) but I was hoping that the kids would be asleep, but of course they weren't. So I had to get them dressed and take them on the walk with me. Instead of carrying Leila I decided to put her in the stroller because I knew I probably would have to carry Tale too. Anyways..........It is such a battle to get Tale to wear a jacket and put on his shoes. With mismatched shoes on and finally a jacket we went outside. OF course is started to rain and because Tale had one sandal on he got his feet wet and wanted me to carry him. So I picked him up, was pushing the stroller and Chanel was running around going crazy, the leash kept getting caught in the wheel and I was getting so annoyed. Well this older Asian lady came running to me, she didn't speak a lick on English so we couldn't understand each other. She held out her umbrella and covered Tale with it, she tried to take him from him but he wouldn't let her. So she gave me her umbrella and took off with Leila in the stroller and just pointed ahead. I was like ah no i'm just trying to walk my dog, well off she went with Leila to her apartment, she opened her door and pointed in then put the stroller in the doorway. I could tell she didn't want the kids to get wet and she was in a hurry. So she just kept gesturing for us to go in. Then she took the umbrella from me and ran up the hill. I was so confused. so I just left Leila there and walked Chanel around until she at least peed, then got the stroller out and started walking back to our place. Well I see her with her grandson she just picked him up from the school bus. She runs back over to me and helps me again. Giving me her umbrella and pushing the stroller for me. She was sooo nice and so concerned for my babies. All the frustrations I was feeling just went away. I was so touched by this woman who doesn't even know me, can't even communicate with me, but cared so much.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's so cute! I'm so glad she was there to help you! You know that you can call us anytime right??

Paty said...

That was so sweet of her!! It's always so nice when people do an act of kindness just for the heck of it, because they care.