Monday, August 13, 2012

Nightmare Moving Company

As I said in my earlier post, the moving company we worked with was a nightmare!  Do not I repeat DO NOT use world wide vanlines or transfers.  I can go on and on about our horrible experience but I definitely learned a few things when hiring a moving company. The number one thing to do is get the delivery date written in the contract, do not agree on an estimated date. When we first got our quote they gave us two weeks, so we signed our lease based on the date they gave us of when our stuff was suppose to be here.  Afterall we needed a place for them to deliver.  Well it took them like close to 45 days to deliver, so we were in an empty home for that long.  They told us our stuff weighed 3 times the amount we were quoted.  We asked for a re-weigh when they got to Idaho and they refused.  Every week I would call to see when our stuff was going to get here and they always extended it a week.  We paid for loading and unloading and when our stuff finally got to us, there was only the driver to unload, so of course Tahri had help unload our stuff.  That was a waste of money.

Anyways, it was such a frustrating time and I wanted so bad to sue the company.  But I wrote several letters to the company and to review sites about this company and I'm letting everyone on here know too that they are horrible.  All 5 of you.  Hahaha.........

No comments: